Athletics has a strong tradition. The College’s teams are involved in a full set of home and away fixtures, including a new diamond league format, as well as the Sussex AAA county schools championships.
The pupils train on College facilities, as well as at the tartan running track at Eastbourne Sports Park during games sessions. There is a strong link with Sussex Athletics and local clubs if pupils wish to carry on their training and compete outside of the College programme. There is also an annual athletics day with boys and girls competing individually and for their houses.
- George Pool won gold at the Sussex County Championships in the 3000m. He is also ranked third in the UK, competing against the year above, in the 5000m.
- Spike Gleave finished seventh (from 45) at English Schools Combined Events (2017) ; Decathlon title (2017) ; Gold medal with Sussex team at junior boys regional pentathlon (second individually from 20) (2017) ; Sussex multi-event champion (2017)
- Benjamin Hughes 110m hurdles senior boys county champion (2016)
- Adelaide O’Conor 100m hurdles senior girls county champion (2016)
- Rebecca Towey 800m senior girls county champion (2016)