Pupils, staff and invited guests gathered in St Saviour’s Church on the final afternoon of term to enjoy a superb musical concert to celebrate the College’s 150th anniversary.
The Symphony Orchestra played a piece composed by Year 13 pupil Aidan Tam who also conducted it. The final item saw the whole school join together to sing O Fortuna from Carl Orff’s Carmina Burana. This performance had been rehearsed during regular congregational practices during the term.
The occasion was particularly symbolic given the shared history of the College and St Saviour’s Church – the church was consecrated in 1867, the same year as the foundation of the College.
St Saviour’s served as the College Chapel until the one used today was built in 1874.