In June 2021, Eastbourne College achieved a rating of ‘excellent’ in the Educational Quality Inspection and ‘met’ all eight Regulatory Compliance Inspection standards, including the National Minimum Standards (NMS) for boarding provision. The compliance inspection reports only on the school’s compliance with the standards, including the boarding NMS. The standards represent minimum requirements and judgements are given either as ‘met’ or as ‘not met’.
Key Findings 2021
The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent:
- pupils are enthusiastically committed to achieving academic success and do so
- pupils enjoy excellent levels of success in a wide variety of co-curricular activities
- pupils’ communication skills are excellent; they speak articulately, debate confidently, and apply these skills effectively across the curriculum
- pupils demonstrate mature and positive attitudes towards their learning
The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent:
- pupils demonstrate remarkably high levels of self confidence, self reliance, and resilience
- pupils have very purposeful and supportive relationships with each other and across the whole school community
- pupils’ spiritual understanding and appreciation of the non-material aspects of life are excellent
- pupils have great respect for the diversity of the school community
archive of isi reports
The quality of the pupils' academic and other achievements is EXCELLENT. The quality of the pupils' personal development is EXCELLENT.