Cricket clean sweep
During the first week of the summer holiday, the Eastbourne College 1st XI cricket team enjoyed a very successful time competing in the annual festival against Ampleforth College, Dulwich College and Taunton School.
In recent times the College’s cricket has gone from strength to strength and the Eastbourne team arrived as 'the team to beat'. The opposition raised a brow as the College decided to field a young team including three Year 9 pupils. The rest of the team was drawn largely from Years 10, 11 and 12.
However the talented team captained by Walter Huchu lived up to their billing as favourites and won all games comfortably – each time by a large margin.
- 82 by Olly Carter who batted for 48 overs – quite an achievement from a Year 9 on his 1st XI debut
- 5 for 34 by Harrison Tagg – becoming the first Year 9 to take five wickets for the College
- 2 for 24 off 10 overs by Bethany Tagg – bowling a masterly spell that began the demise of the opposition.
- Walter Huchu scored a fine 92 and set the team up for a big total
- Arthur Pickard hit an explosive 52 to finish the innings well
- Ben McIntosh proved a real handful with ball in hand returning remarkable figures of 5 for 15 off only 5 overs.
- Fabian Rimmer (20 not out) and Harrison Tagg (34 not out) batting brilliantly to take the College to a competitive total of 216
- Walter Huchu made short work of the Dulwich batting returning figures of 4 for 12 off 10.