It is with great sadness that we announce the death of former pupil and long-serving member of the Senior Common Room, Robin Harrison.
Robin was a pupil at the College (Pennell House) from 1942 to 1947. He was Head of House and Head of School. After gaining a geography degree and a rugby blue at Cambridge, Robin returned to teach at the College in 1953 and retired from the teaching staff in 1989.
During his 36 years as a member of staff, Robin was responsible for College rugby from 1955 to 1974, Head of Geography from 1966 to 1979, Housemaster of Craig House from 1978 to 1986 and Master-in-Charge of Golf from 1978 to 1986. In 1976 he was appointed Secretary of the Old Eastbournian Association and continued in this role until 2006. This is a record of quite extraordinary service to Eastbourne College.
Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at this sad time.