We invite you to participate in a photography competition which is launching from 5 February 2018.
Embracing the theme ‘The Blue Planet’, the shortlisted submissions will be printed and displayed in the Nugee Atrium where, at the private view on Friday 4 May, the winner of the pupil and adult categories will be announced and prizes awarded. Interpret this theme by thinking outside of the box. Submitted images can be from anywhere in the world and reflect positive or negative connotations of the theme.
Please read carefully the criteria below on how to enter. Shortlisted images will be printed to at least A3 size, so please ensure that your images are saved as the guidelines suggest.
– Mobile phone images are welcome but must be of good quality.
– One submission per entrant Submissions must relate to the theme
– Entrants must have a connection with Eastbourne College Images must be saved at the resolution 300dpi
– Images must be saved as a high quality JPEG
– Post-editing is allowed
– Include name, year group and house on the file name
Images are to be emailed to India Pocock (firstname.lastname@example.org). Alternatively, the platform WeTransfer allows you to send images that are bigger than 2MB. For any members of staff who wish to submit their work and need help with sizing and saving, they are welcome to come along to the Art Department for help.
The closing date for submissions is 17 April 2018.
Submissions will be judged by the headmaster, a professional photographer and last year’s winner, Sasha Marlow.
We very much look forward to receiving your entry!